Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanks Giving=Food... But why?

Thanks Giving is a time when families come together and eat turkey and other food that is bad for you until you just can’t eat anymore. But no one really knows why. I found this out while watching WDHS at school. It is interesting because when I thought about it I knew I had been told only 100 times when I was younger in social studies class. But apparently I didn’t care and/or I wasn’t listening. After WDHS showed a bunch of students trying to tell them what Thanks Giving is and why we celebrate it they showed a historian that proceeded to tell us why we celebrate it. Funny thing is I and all my friends still don’t know. For some reason we can remember everything else in our crazy lives and the stories behind a lot of the holidays but we just can’t remember Thanks Giving. I wonder if it is because we just don’t care or something else. It’s probably because all we know is there is food and lots of it and that’s about all we care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment