Monday, May 21, 2012

Perks of Being a Wallflower- Change

"But because things change. And friends leave. And life doesn’t stop for anybody."(145)
As I come to my last day of High School all that goes through my head is the change that is going to be made next year. All my friends get split up into different areas of the country and world, we move to places we don't know, and we study things we didn't even know about. This goes through every seniors mind as they enter the school. This is the last time I'm coming here as a student. What will next year be like? who will I keep in touch with?
However, throughout high school we see this too. It often causes mental issues, social issues, or no issues at all. A lot of people gain and loose friends throughout high school. People fight and are turned against each other. However, life goes on. No one around you stops. School keeps going and everyone's life goes on. This causes issues with people who are unstable and don't know how to handle the loss of friends or any issues in their life. As a seniors I have seen a countless number of times that someone has become depressed or suicidal because of losses of friends.
Leaving high school means there will be new people in my life and old friends being lost. However, life moves on and people need to make the best of every friend and every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment