Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Philosophy Essay

In my english class we have to write a philosophy paper that is about 23 pages long. My question is,
How does companionship help us and hurt us as humans? with the sub questions, whether or not we choose the people that we have companionships with, whether or not we allow people to influence us or does it just happen without control, Is it possible for someone to be without companionship? If so what position would they be in? Maybe this post should have been titled "Procrastination". Im usually pretty bad about procrasting but never as bad as I have been for this paper. Right now I'm in my English class and supposed to be working on this paper. However, I can't get myself to do it. It won't be hard once i get started, but with 7 days left of school a 23 page paper really isn't the first thing on my mind and doesn't sound too fun. Senior year is almost over yet it feels like i have another few month of school. I blame it all on this paper. If i just finished it I would feel better and like my year was complete. However, I just can't. I have now sat through 2 weeks in this class and only worked ont eh paper for 2 of those days. Granted I got 7 of the pages done, I still can't bring myself to finish it.
Part of the essay is to find a philosopher. I found the philosopher, Karl Marx. he is a history philosopher but has a lot of good quotes and ieas of companionship and people working together and against each other. I suggest everyone check him out.
Now back to looking at a blank screen for another 30 minutes telling myself I'm going to start now.
little food for thought to not be like me-  
"Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today." Lord Chesterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment